Auditions for RMTC's summer workshops (Broadway Bootcamp, Broadway Bootcamp Intermediate and Broadway Bootcamp Advanced)
The next summer workshop audition will be held from 2:00pm - 5:00pm on Sunday, April 27 at the RMTC Business Office (3028 7th Avenue South).
This is an open call audition with no set time. Just arrive when you're able. You should come prepared to sing 16 bars of a song. An accompanist will be provided. You should prepare a 30 second to 1 minute monologue. Please dress in comfortable clothes and shoes that you can move and dance in as you will be taught choreography. You should bring a picture to attach to your child's audition sheet. A school picture or snapshot is acceptable if a headshot is not available. If you have a resume, please bring this as well.
Red Mountain Theatre Company, in association with Alabama Media Group, is searching for the children of Les Miserables (July 8 - August 3, 2014).
*Updated Information: The winners (ages 6-12) will star in the roles of young Cosette, young Eponine, and Gavroche in RMTC's production of Les Miserables. Video auditions must be submitted and applicants must be registered for RMTC's Broadway Bootcamp by May 2nd, 2014 for consideration. Video submissions count as applicants' auditions for placement in RMTC's Broadway Bootcamp.
- Young Cosette: the beautiful daughter of Fantine who is mistreated by the Thenadiers and bullied by young Eponine. She is intelligent, strong-willed, and dreams of something better.
- Young Eponine: spoiled and pampered daughter of the Thenardiers who bullies young Cosette.
- Gavroche: a hot-headed young boy who is adored by the people and aligns himself with their revolution.
- Applicants may audition as long as they do not turn 13 years of age before June 1, 2014.
- The sheet music (see "Audition Material" below) has a very clear stop and start point. Please keep the length of your video submission to this time frame.
- Those auditioning for the role of Gavroche may choose either "Gavroche #1" or "Gavroche #2."
- Video audition submissions along with a headshot/photograph (JPEG or PDF) must be emailed to email@example.com by April 18, 2014.
- Applicants interested in attending RMTC's Broadway Bootcamp Intermediate or Advanced must attend auditions on March 8-9.
- Finalists will have auditions with RMTC's Executive Director and the director of Les Miserables during RMTC's Broadway Bootcamp.
- The roles of young Cosette, young Eponine, and Gavroche will be double-cast, so there will be a total of six winners (four girls and two boys).
- Winners must be available for Les Miserables rehearsals June 17-July 7.
- Winners will be reimbursed for their RMTC Broadway Bootcamp tuition (up to a $1,200.00 value per student).
- Winners will receive four complimentary tickets to the opening night of Les Miserables.
Financial aid is available for RMTC's Broadway Bootcamp. For more information, please send an email to Cinda Godfrey, Education Coordinator and put "Financial Aid" in the subject line.
If you are interested in being added to an email list to receive periodic audition updates from RMTC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put AUDITION UPDATES in the subject line.