Position: Assistant Stage Manager
Reports to: Resident Stage Manager
Summary of Position:
The ASM will assist the Stage Manager in creating and maintaining all documentation during the rehearsal process and run of a performance. The ASM will be the point person backstage during performances and will assure the continuity and quality of the production. While a working knowledge of the Equity contract is desired, membership in AEA is not required. Must be locally available (housing not provided) during the following 2022 dates:
Once: Mar 8th – Apr 24th
Cinderella: June 14th – Aug 7th
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the creation of a contact sheet, rehearsal & performance calendars
- Organize and prep the rehearsal space and needed materials
- Assist in producing Scripts for Actors, Designers and Staff
- Prep paperwork such as Prop and Costume Plots
- Maintain production meeting and rehearsal notes
- Attend all production meetings, rehearsals, and performances
- Create performance shift plot and pre-set paperwork
- Organize the crew backstage and assign duties
- Report needs and maintenance requests to the SM
- Problem solve unexpected situations quickly
- Maintain constant contact with the SM during the performance
- Provide regular updates to the SM regarding consumables
- Prior work experience as an SM or ASM.
- Excellent time management, organization, and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Stage Management or equivalent work experience.