Position: Development Manager
Reports to: Associate Director of Development
Summary of Position:
The Development Manager is responsible for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual contributed support (both cash and in-kind) in accordance with annual budget goals for each fiscal season.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and implement maintenance of donor records electronically and in physical files
- Strategically plan and follow through with annual fund solicitations and/or recognition to achieve maximum support level from individuals
- Implement sponsorship packages and other recognition (program ads, website listings, signage, curtain speech, etc.) as desired by the donor
- Strategically plan and implement donation level and benefit structure to maximize support
- Strategically craft and implement criteria for use of the Donor Lounge and other Arts Campus assets to maximize impact
- Provide oversight, guidance, and direction for Dress Circle Society Board of Directors’ volunteer functions – special events/functions, membership recruitment & renewal, hospitality of out-of-town artists, membership communication, production, and other volunteer duties
- Strategically plan and implement (along with department staff) fundraising and donor engagement events throughout the season.
- Strategically plan and implement donor thank yous engaging other departments as needed – cards from actors & RMT students, sponsor gifts, cards from board members, etc.
- Assist in budget creation alongside Associate Director of Development
- Coordinate with finance department to identify and manage annual fund pledge fulfillment
- Other Duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Bachelors or higher college degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong strategic thinking and implementation skills
- Nonprofit fundraising experience
- Proven track record of managing individual donor relationships and growing contributions over time
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Manager Position” in the subject line and include your resume and a cover letter. No phone calls please.