Financial Assistance for Aspiring Artists
At RMT, no child is denied participation in our educational programs based on financial limitations. Financial assistance, through RMT’s James Hatcher Founder’s Fund, is available for qualifying students.
To apply, please read the following instructions carefully as assistance awards are made based on these criteria. Parents or Guardians must submit all information and documentation requested by the deadline listed below. Funds are limited and completed form, including tax information, must be received no later than the listed date. Financial Aid is available for programs which cost $150 or more.
Deadlines for Completed Applications:
Financial Aid Deadline - All financial aid applications are due one week prior to the start of the program.
*All applications are reviewed weekly. Awards are made during the review process.
Before registering, you must complete the online financial aid application. All sections must be completed fully and accurately. If more than one student in a family is applying for assistance, a separate application is needed for each student. Click here to fill out online form.
As part of your application, you must submit a copy of the most recent
Tax Form completed by your family (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ).
Applications are reviewed weekly, and you will be notified via email regarding your award of financial assistance. That award email will include personalized instructions on how to register for the class online. DO NOT register online prior to receiving this award email.
Applications are sent to the Financial Aid Committee after the listed deadline. Financial aid decisions are made according to the following criteria:
• Financial need, as indicated by family size, income, and/or extenuating circumstances
• Availability of funds
• Applicant’s payment history with RMT
• Student must demonstrate consistent attendance.
• Student must receive positive evaluations from instructor.
• Recipient must pay tuition balance not covered by financial assistance.
The James Hatcher Founders Fund
In 2004, RMT launched the James Hatcher Founder’s Fund with commitments of $1,000 from 100 gracious benefactors who envisioned the creation of scholarship programs for young artists. Their initial $100,000 has grown to encompass merit- and need-based scholarships to provide vital arts education programming for youth who might not otherwise be able to experience it.
Through the generosity of donors to the Hatcher Fund, young artists can receive:
- Need-based financial aid to participate in RMT education programming
- Merit-based scholarships for continued education
- Need-based support for taking their talent to the next level
Be part of making a difference in the lives of children! Give today, and designate your gift to the Hatcher Fund to help make arts education a reality for a child.
- $300 tuition for one-week workshop
- $600 tuition for two-week Broadway Bootcamp
- $1,200 tuition for Broadway Bootcamp Intermediate or Advanced
To apply, please contact the RMT business office: