Position: Production Stage Manager
Reports to: Director of Production
Summary of Position:
The Production Stage Manager is responsible for the supervision of all stage management teams and serves as the Stage Manager on various productions throughout the season. An ideal candidate would be someone who communicates clearly and efficiently, manages confidential information with integrity, and someone who can lead employees to get work done efficiently and safely.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all Stage Management aspects of RMT productions including the creation of all prep, rehearsal, and performance paperwork.
- Serve as primary Stage Manager for majority of RMT productions.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of all auditions for RMT productions.
- Supervise and conduct the rehearsal, tech, and performance process in partnership with the Director, creative team, and RMT department heads.
- Forecast special needs necessary for productions in advance of production dates.
- Assist in creation of RMT Production Calendars
- Supervise and assist with the rehearsal and performance space setup to insure support of the artistic vision within the limitations of schedule, labor, and budget.
- Track and reconcile stage management budgets.
- Assist in recruiting, training, and assignment of stage management and run crews for individual shows.
- Provide logistical stage management support for facility rentals and visiting productions.
- Maintain stage management inventory of departmental supplies.
- Make recommendations regarding capital purchases of technical equipment.
- Be accessible to visiting artists, performers, and staff in rehearsal room and stage management matters.
- Ensure all RMT policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of Stage Management experience in professional theatrical organizations.
- Experience forming and managing relationships with visiting artists, staff, and over-hire.
- Excellent time management, organization, and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Outlook.
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license.
- Master’s Degree in Stage Management or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of Stage Management experience working on large-scale musicals.
- Proficient in AEA agreement regarding standard policies and practices.
To apply, email email@example.com with “Production Stage Manager Position” in the subject line and include cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.